Wealleans Engineering & Mechanical is a family owned and operated business which specialises in the manufacture and maintenance of ground spreading equipment for both the domestic and export markets.
We run an internal mechanical workshop supporting the mechanical maintenance requirements of the groups predominately Mercedes Benz heavy vehicle groundspreading fleets.
In this key role you will work alongside a team in maintaining the group’s equipment to a high mechanical standard. Critical to this role will be your ability to diagnose, repair, service and prepare and present Vehicles for COF compliance. It is important that you have a high level of technical skill, enjoy varied repair and mechanical work and are committed to producing high quality work. Strong communication skills and the ability to work as part of the team are essential, basic computer skills will be required. A proven commitment to high health and safety standards.
You will bring to the role:
- Good understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Have a proven work history / mechanical experience in the transport industry
- Work well as part of a team within a family run and operated business
- Be disciplined and self-motivated with a positive can do approach
- Flexibility to work extended hours as required
- Experience in COF preparation and presentation
- Appropriate heavy vehicle licenses
Wealleans Engineering & Mechanical offers position training, a stable working environment and an attractive remuneration package.
A Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Test and medical assessment will be required to be undertaken.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.