About the company
The Wealleans Group of Companies is a family owned and operated business which specialises in the application of agricultural nutrients throughout the Waikato and Bay of Plenty regions. Wealleans Mechanical Limited run an internal mechanical workshop supporting the mechanical maintenance requirements of the Wealleans Group’s predominately Mercedes-Benz heavy vehicle ground spreading fleets.
About the Role
We are seeking an experience Workshop Manager / Heavy Diesel Technician to join our team working from our brand-new purpose-built workshop facility, based in Hinuera, Waikato.
In this hands-on role, you will combine you’re on the floor Diesel Mechanic and diagnostic expertise with strong team leadership and managerial skills to lead a small team managing and scheduling the inspection, diagnostic, repair, servicing, and COF presentation of our fleet vehicles & associated equipment.
- Diagnostic and mechanical repair of company and customers equipment
- Staff management including leadership, training, and development
- Work scheduling and allocation
- Inventory control – maintain suitable levels of components for efficient repair
- Supplier negotiations and relationships
- Workshop maintenance, compliance, and health & safety
- Trade qualified Heavy Diesel Mechanic or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong Mechanical technical & diagnostic knowledge
- Reliable and demonstrates great leadership skills
- Service orientated
- Excellent management and organisational skills
- Documentation of process and accurate record keeping
- Class 4 Heavy vehicle licence
- Experienced with SAM software systems an advantage (not essential)
- We offer the opportunity to join a well-respected family business in an essential services industry.
- Working from a brand-new purpose-built facility in rural Waikato
- Technical training and opportunities to ensure your continued growth
- Salaried based position with financial stability
- A Company vehicle, phone & uniform
As part of our usual recruitment process applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment testing, police checks and medical examinations.